Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Spreadsheet


Today, Mr. Kuropatwa taught us about creating and modifying spreadsheets:

To make the text or labels BOLD or ITALIC

BOLD - click the letter B in the format toolbar to make it BOLD and click the cell you want to change for example: B1 after highlighted then click the B in the format toolbar

ITALIC - click the letter i in the format toolbar to make it ITALIC and click the cell you want to change for example: D1 after highlighted then click the i in the format toolbar

To make the row longer - click the line between the two rows you want to become longer for example: row A and B there is a line between them click it and drag it to make the row longer

To align the label or the value to center or opposite the default setting - click the align in the format toolbar and choose were side you want to align it for example: from B3 to B8 highlight it and then click the align and choose which side you want it to align

To make the whole row BOLD or ITALIC - just drag the first row you want for example: from A6 to A9 start dragging A6 to A9 and after highlighted click the B or i in the format toolbar

To make the value a dollar amount - click the format in the format toolbar and then choose the one with the dollar sign for example: the cell D4 to D8 you want it to change to dollar amount highlight it and click the format in the format toolbar and then click the one you want to use

To make a border - click the icon that is a box that are divided into four for example: you want to make a border from A1 to A7 highlight it and click the icon boxes that are divided into four

To color the cell - click the icon that is a box that are divided into four and has different color inside the four square for example: you want to change the color of cell B1 to B5 highlight it and click the box that has different color inside the four square and choose the color you want and thats it


The next scribe will be...... Joyce

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Almond,

You've provided great directions for formatting a spreadsheet! I think it's pretty neat that I can see the spreadsheet (and I'm almost a 1000 miles away) you created in class because you did it in Google Docs! How do you think your knowledge of spreadsheets will be of value to you?

Best,
Lani

almond said...

Thank you for the comment, I think yes, because I can use my knowledge in spreadsheet to use in my life for example in my future I don't know if this will come true but for example only I have a store and I can use the spreadsheet to calculate my income correct me if my answer is wrong ^^,

Anonymous said...

Hi Almond,

I think you are absolutely correct that a spreadsheet will be very useful in calculating your income!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the spreadsheet assignments Mr. K. has posted!!

Best,
Lani

Irma said...

Hi Almond

This is great that you learn how to use a spreadsheet. I am a volunteer on our local school council and often have to keep records on who have paid for something and who are still owing us money. I always use Google Docs to do this. It is so easy to share the information with the people that works with me.
It will be very useful to calculate your income one day, but soon you will use it for more things as well.
Keep up the good work. I learn so much by just following all of your blogs.

Irma Muller(U of R Mentor)