Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Blogging on Blogging

I found that the Multiplying Teens were useful to me. In Science, I had to multiply a few numbers with teens in them to find the total number of atoms or something. It was good that I finished that faster, than the other people who were using a calculator to find that answer. But the point is, I found the Multiplying Teens trick was really useful to me. It not only taught me something new, but it helped me in my other class.
(I don't know if I did this right or not)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi James,

It seems to me you absolutely made a reflective comment on something you have learned-- and that was a part of Mr. K's expectation!

I have learned these new strategies for math along with you and they have helped me when I am confronted with math in other areas too!

Was there anything you've encountered in class that wasn't clear?

Best,
Lani

James said...

Hello,

Mr. K teaches a lot of interesting things overall.

Sadly, no, there hasn't been anything that wasn't clear in class. There was one time card question I didn't understand, but I got that problem solved quickly.

Jameseh

Anonymous said...

Hey James!
I think it's great that you are able to apply what you've learned in math class to other areas of your life! It's when you start doing that you know you really understand what you've learned!
Awesome job!

Sarah M.(Mentor)
University of Regina.

Anonymous said...

Hi James,
I think it was awesome that you were able to connect what you learned in math to other subject areas. Is there any other subjects you could use this trick in? Or what about out of school? Great work!

April (mentor)
University of Regina